If you’re a regular reader of this blog, you’ll know I’ve shown an obsessive side lately – lots of content about my upcoming book launch.
I’m releasing my fourth novel, Whizzers, in 2019. That means I’m putting a lot of emphasis on building my marketing plan well in advance of publication.
I can’t give away the store, but I want to provide value for everyone who joins my book launch team. So what that means is that I’m going to give a free signed copy of the paperback version of Whizzers to everyone on my launch team.
This can include a wide range of folks who get in on the launch: fellow authors, corporate sponsors, my venue host, and providers of food, drink and/or entertainment.
Here are the categories I’m emphasizing as I work on the manuscript, build the marketing plan, and build my team.
1) Readers – reviewers, book bloggers, fellow authors, influencers. Because I’m looking to reach as broad an audience as I can, I’m giving a free copy of the e-book just for joining my email list. I’ll also send a free signed copy of the paperback to anyone who participates in the launch team. Email me at email@example.com to join the list or get more info.
2) Design – both book cover and interior design. Although I’ve used different people in the past, I’ve had mixed results. So I’m gathering referrals for this one. Got a recommendation for book cover or interior design? Let me know. If you’re a designer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Corporate Sponsors – for in-person book launch event and speaking engagements. I’m open to suggestions, but of course, the company’s mission has to align with my values. Know someone or have a suggestion? Feel free.
4) Commercial – suppliers for launch events (venues, refreshments, custom swag). The “commercial” category is really a series of sub-categories, and I’ve already got a potential venue in mind – at least in Tampa. Of course, if I can pull off multiple launch events in different cities, I will definitely do that! I welcome feedback and referrals in this category too…for food, drinks, entertainment, venue, the works.
5) Everything Else – library campaign, bookstores, social media events, and more. Hey, if you’re a fellow author and have done something successful with any of these, I’m open to your suggestions. I did a highly successful blog tour in 2017, and will reach out to those folks again. Also looking to do more unique events for this book launch.
Know someone who would be interested in this? Or is that someone you? Email me at email@example.com for more info and let’s talk! This is going to be a deep, immersive experience, and I can’t wait to share it with you all.