Contact Mike Sahno – Author, publisher, speaker, coach.
Michael J. Sahno began writing stories at an early age. He earned his Bachelor’s from Lynchburg College and later went on to earn his Master’s in English from Binghamton University.
Sahno became a full-time professional writer in 2001 and has since written more than 1,000 articles on a wide range of topics. His work has appeared in a variety of national publications, including Entrepreneur, Fortune, Good Housekeeping, Money, Redbook and Woman’s Day.
Mr. Sahno has written and published three novels: Brothers’ Hand, Jana, and Miles of Files. He is the founder of Sahno Publishing and available for professional speaking engagements upon request.
Mike Sahno is a truly gifted speaker, having been on the radio as early as age ten and getting used to being in front of groups from an early age. Since 1989, he has spoken in front of groups large and small over 100 times, giving talks in schools, libraries, and anywhere else he can find a podium. Sahno is the founder of Tampa Literary Authors Meetup, where he delivers practical advice to authors on a monthly basis. He has guested on Tan Talk Radio WTAN in Clearwater and WTIS in St. Petersburg.
- Self-publishing through my own company
- Literary fiction in the age of sub-genres
- Marketing for indie authors
- Platform-building for indie authors
- Running your author business like a boss
- How I went from a modest Twitter following to over 10K followers in less than nine months
- The Author/Speaker/Coach business model
Bio Talking Points
- President/CEO, Sahno Publishing
- Author, publisher, speaker, coach
- What I have done with 15 years of marketing writing experience
- Why I launched three novels on the same day
- How I got my Master’s degree in English at age 24
Sample Interview Questions
- In your experience, what’s the biggest mistake new authors make?
- How did you go from marketing employee to President/CEO of your own company?
- What got you into writing?
- What do you see happening in the world of literature right now?
- Why did you publish your first three novels simultaneously?
- Why did you decide to self-publish?
- What is Sahno Publishing all about?
- What gave you the idea to expand beyond being an author and follow a business model of author/publisher/speaker/coach?
- What advice would you give writers who are just starting out?